Access Rights and File Mode
- 3 types of users (owner, user group, other) 3 types of access (read, write, execute) give 9 binary flags
- 3 additional flags: suid, sgid, sticky define file mode
- suid (set user id): If executable has suid set to 1 then process gets UID of file owner. Otherwise the current person editing.
- sgid (set group id): If executable has sgid set to 1 then process gets GID of file owner. Otherwise the current group editing.
- sticky: If set to one, kernel will keep program in memory even after execution terminates
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: