- A CPU has registers, clock, control unit, and arithmetic logic unit
- Registers: Store data
- Clock: Synchronizes internal operations of CPU with other system components
- ALU: Performs arithmetic operations such as addition subtraction and Boolean operations
Basic Microcomputer block diagram
- Memory Storage Unit: Stores instructions and data during execution
- The control bus uses binary signals to synchronize actions of all devices attached to the system bus.
- The address bus holds the addresses of instructions and data when the currently executing instruction transfers data between the CPU and memory.